Many times, in my blogs I mention finding gems in God’s Word as I study different areas. Those gems are truly treasures which save, sustain, and cultivate me. Those treasures I store in my heart because they are priceless. Let’s talk about why you should store them as well.
His Word never returns void.
We can count on the Word of God to accomplish His purpose. His word always succeeds.
- Isaiah 55:10-11
- “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
His Word is built upon the solid foundation of Jesus
The word of God became flesh and dwelled among us. In Him is life! He’s our light, hope, and salvation. He is the cornerstone that keeps everything together by the power of His word. He is our solid unmovable foundation.
- Matthew 7:24
- “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
- John 1:14
- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John 1:1-51
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- Colossians 3:16
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- John 8:31-32
- So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
His Word stands forever
God’s Word stands beyond time. Applying that revelation to our lives means the words He speaks over us are not subject to our circumstances. They will stand beyond adversity.
- Isaiah 40:8
- The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
His Word is upright and true
The word of God is done in faithfulness towards His people. There is no dishonesty in His will towards us. He’s our refuge, who will never kick us out of His care.
- Psalm 33:4
- For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
- Psalm 18:30
- This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.
His Word gives way to blessings
His Word, if we obey it opens the door for us to be blessed in every aspect of our lives.
- Luke 11:28
- But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
- Deut 28:1-5
- And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful too all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field. Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your cattle, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl
- John 5:24
- Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
- Deuteronomy 11:18-21
- “You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, as long as the heavens are above the earth.
His Word feeds us
Feeding on the Word of God every day nourishes our Spirit.
- Deuteronomy 8:3
- And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
- His Word Teaches
The word of God teaches us in the ways to walk as ambassadors for Christ and His Kingdom. He equips us for every good work that represents His life in us.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
- Hebrews 4:12
- For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13
- And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.
As you can see there’s treasure upon treasure spilling from His Word. Now is the perfect time for you to go on a treasure hunt in God’s Word and find more amazing gems.
BY: Rhonie McBerry
Rhonie is a licensed radiation therapist providing care to those battling cancer. She learned to embrace a new normal after being diagnosed with Crohn’s. disease and uses the power of words to encourage others to see past their darkest day to a brighter horizon.
She is the author of Embracing a New Normal, God Has Drawn The Blueprints Vol I & II, Words That Surround Your Soul devotionals, and a host of blog posts on her website www.RhonieSays.com